Favourite Nordic film composers?

Hjem Forum English Favourite Nordic film composers?

Dette emnet inneholder 3 svar, har 2 deltakere og ble sist oppdatert av Malte Müller Malte Müller 3 måneder, 1 uke siden.

Viser 4 innlegg - 1 til 4 (av totalt 4)
  • Forfatter
    Thor Joachim Haga
    Thor Joachim Haga
    Nøkkelmester

Since this is a Norwegian site, but with an international audience, I thought it would be interesting to have a thread where us Nordic folks recommend some of our own, and the non-Nordic folks recommend what’s registered for them on the international scene.

What are some of your favourite Nordic film composers — dead or alive?

Malte Müller
    Malte Müller
    Nøkkelmester

I can’t say I have real favorites as my knowledge is a bit (quite) limited but here are some more or less recent TV scores I found quite fitting:

• Jacob Groth: Millennium, Ørnen
    • Halfdan E: Borgen
    • Fläskkvartetten: The 2nd Wallander movie series
    • Frans Bak: The Killing (The original version)
    • and a little older: Stefan Nilsson: Pelle The Conquerer
    Thor Joachim Haga
    Thor Joachim Haga
    Nøkkelmester

Good selection, Malte. Stefan Nilsson is genius. PELLE THE CONQUEROR is one of my favourite Nordic scores of all time, and I treasure my Nilsson compilation dearly.

Frans Bak I know personally; I particularly loved his recent score for the series DISPARUE.

Halfdan E is a friend of mine too, and he regularly does good stuff, although he’s missing that one big breakthrough assignment.

Fläskkvartetten is a group that doesn’t get the credit they deserve. Their score for the Norwegian movie EGGS was great; one of the best Norwegian films of the 90s.

Jacob Groth I’m familiar with, but haven’t really taken the time to check out his work.

I love Søren Hyldgaard’s work, as well as Björn Isfält — two composers that were taken from us way too early.

Malte Müller
    Malte Müller
    Nøkkelmester

I am not surprised that you know a bunch of them personally 🙂 I have to explore more of their work.

I am totally unfamiliar with Søren Hyldgaard but I do know at least “My Life As A Dog” by Isfält.

I also know Bengt Nilsson, Adam Norden, Johann Johannsson, Johan Söderquist, Tuomas Kantelinen and Atil Övarsson peripherically who I think are also Nordic composers. I thought Ceiri Torjussen was Nordic but is actually Welsh.

Viser 4 innlegg - 1 til 4 (av totalt 4)

Du må være innlogget for å svare på dette emnet.